Sophia Has Arrived
Sophia arrived on 1-26-07 at 5:14pm weighing 7 lbs 110z and 19 inches long. The labor and delivery were wonderful. I could deliver babies all day long. Everything went perfectly! She was perfect!!! I was surrounded by my family and close friends and they all were a big help. Jamie survived without harm. I think he enjoyed the whole experience more than I did! It was all so new to him and he took in every detail. I have to give a lot of the credit to Denise and Kristi for being there for the epidural and the delivery! Jamie was a BIG help, and luckily I wasn't in pain and everything was going so smoothly so he was able to be completely absorb what was going on. I thought that he was going to ask if he could just deliver her. I think he could have done it!!! He was so proud of his perfect cut of the umbilical cord.Hehehe. Maybe he missed his calling!!
It was so hard being on the patient end of the labor and delivery. Labor and delivery was all I ever knew for so long, it was hard to step back and not be in control. I tried to be a good patient and let Deinse (my great friend and nurse) take care of me!
The first few days at home were kinda tough! No one can prepare you for the changes that happen when you bring a newborn home. Things are getting better everyday! More importantly, she is sleeping much better through the night so we all are a lot happier!!! She is doing wonderfully! She is so sweet and a very good baby most all of the time. She has a set of lungs on her though. She will let you know when she is hungry!!!!! Well, I know that all everyone is interested in is seeing pictures of her, so I will hush and post some pics. I will try to keep the blog updated as much as possible. I can't wait for everyone to meet her!!!

3 Comments:
She is perfect!! I'm in love! I think about her all the time and can't wait to see her again...I am so thankful everything went so smoothly...it was such a blessing, we were so glad to be able to be there and share in a wonderful weekend. I finally have a niece! We love you Sophia!!!
I am so happy that little Sophia is here-She is beautiful and so tiny. I am so glad that everything went well-you sound like a pro! I hope I can see you and Sophia soon. Just know that I am thinking of y'all:) Love ya!
That's such a sweet picture of Mommy showing Sophia her first snow! She's such a cutie. Hope to meet her soon! Em,
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home